Born in Sri Kalahasti, Andhrapradesh, India, Aug.15, 1967
Currently lives and works in Hyderabad, India
- M.Sc., in Physics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, 1989
- M.Phil., in Physics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, 1990
- Ph.D, in Physics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, 1993
• Post Doctoral Fellowship, France, 1995
• Post Doctoral Fellowship, Taiwan, 2002
- Mahatma Gandhi Birth Centenary Memorial Award in 1986 from Victoria Technical Institute (VTI), Madras for Sri Rama Pattabhisekham Painting.
- Mahatma Gandhi Birth Centenary Memorial Award second time in 1990 from Victoria Technical Institute (VTI), Madras for Sri Sita Rama Charitra Painting.
- Mahatma Gandhi Birth Centenary Memorial Award third time in 1993 from Victoria Technical Institute (VTI), Madras for Sampoorna Ramayanam Painting.
- National Award (Govt.of India) in 1994 from Honourable President of India at New Delhi for Sampoorna Ramayan Painting.
Selected National & International participations
- Outstanding Young Person Award in 1994 from the Junior Chamber, Tirupati, India.
1993, Agra, Ministry of Textiles, Govt.of India.
- Exhibition and Demonstration at National Level Exhibition Taj Festival
- Kalamkari art demonstration at Surajkund Mela – 95, New Delhi
- Exhibition & Demonstration at International Art Festival (Art in Action), Oxford, UK during the period of 13 – 16, July 1995,13 – 16, July 1996, 15 – 18, July 1998 and 18 – 21, July 2002
• Exhibition & Demonstration at UNESCO, Toulouse, France Sponsored by CIES, France in 1996
- Exhibition & Demo at Nehru Centre, London, UK during the period of 23-25, July 2002
- Exhibition at FIAS, Institute of Aeronatique, Toulouse, France in 1996
- Participation in National Award winners Exhibition in 2001 at Shilparamam, Hyderabad
• Illustrations to ‘Mangoes and Bananas” Tara Publishers, India
- Madras Craft Museum (Craft Foundation): Sampoorna Ramayanam miniature painting (2.00X1.30 Meter), which was selected for National Award in 1992.
- Shilpa kala vedika, Shilparamam, Hyderabad: For the first time, in the kalamkari art field, a major kalamkari panel work around 150 running meters prepared.
- The Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, UK: One large kalamkari painting (5.00 x 2.60 Meters) namely “Sampoorna Ramayanam” was purchased by the Ashmolean Museum (Eastern Arts section)
• Painting/craft emporiums such as Victoria Technical institute, Andhra Pradesh Handicrafts Development Corporation, Kalanjali, Kaveri, Dastkar, Craft Council of India, Craft council of Andhrapradesh, etc.,
Selected recognized students
• Ramesh Gorjala, Murali Theertham, Raghavulu Pydi, Muna swamy Pydi,
- Kalamkari Hastha Kala Kendram, a registered cultural society in memory of my art teacher Late Rambhoji Naik
Balaji Theertham Paintings