My paintings have an unreal plane taken mostly from real-life situations. From the urban pomposity to the rustic memories curious images take birth in my canvas, My paintings read like a story.
"I can play in my own space, I can place my images as I want, and I can create unbelievable stories that you have to believe. Just like my grandmother`s story that I grew up with"
Born in Mangalore, India, 1972.
Artist lives and work in New Delhi, India.
§ Artist in Residence School of Art & Design, University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, UK.
§ BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) from Chamarajendra Academy of Visual Arts, Mysore, 1989-1994.
Scholarships & Awards
· Charles Wallace Scholarship, UK.
· ‘Something Happened’, Gallery Espace New Delhi, 2006.
· ‘About Something’ One Man Show, Shridarani Gallery, New Delhi, 1996.
Major Group Shows
· ‘Paper Flute’ Gallery Espace New Delhi, 2006.
· ‘Back to the Future’ Gallery Espace New Delhi, 2006.
· `Dot and pixel` Gallery Espace New Delhi and Gallery Sumukha Bangalore, 2004.
· Sheesha - Indo-French Art Show, Sanskriti Kendra, New Delhi, 2003.
· CHROMA – Indo-Norwegian Art Show, Visual Art Gallery, New Delhi, 2003.
· Photo print - Nature Morte New Delhi, 2003.
· Screened Animated video, UGC Hall, Cardiff, UK, 2003.
· Four cities- Tao art gallery Mumbai, 2002.
· Digital art exhibition- Sakshi Gallery Mumbai, 2002.
· Art on move project- organised by sahmat New Delhi, 2001.
· Print etc .com - Max Muller Bhavan, New Delhi, 2001.
· ‘Buddha laugh again’ - academy of fine arts New Delhi, 2000.
· Young contemporaries - French embassy New Delhi, 1999.
· `Edge of The Century` New Delhi, 1999.
· Four young artists- Gallery Espace New Delhi, 1997.
New media projects & installations
- Animated sketch book gallery Espace New Delhi, 2004.
- Digital film screening at ugc hall Cardiff UK, 2002.
- ‘Let me fool you’ interactive art project, print etc .com Max Muller Bhavan New Delhi, 2000.
- ‘To be continued’ animated art work Jyothi auditorium Baroda, 2000.